- REDIRECT Template:CharacterKing Cole is the long serving mayor of Fabletown. He has no special abilities, but is very well-liked. His view is that a king (or mayor, as it happens) should be a servant of the people more than a ruler.
King Cole hid from the enemy in an abandoned tin mine, where a group of his subjects had hidden as well. He decided that they should hide out there as long as possible and often skipped meals to make their supplies last. Eventually, they ran out of food, so they began raiding a nearby farm for supplies.
When the Adversary left only a small occupying force behind and after hearing that his family had been killed, King Cole decided it was time to leave. They moved along, eventually hearing about the Sanctuary World. 
King Cole was able to successfully lead his citizens to Fabletown. He was elected almost unanimously as mayor of the town during its first election and has been re-elected every time since. Though uncomfortable with the idea, he is the one that banished all fables that can't pass as human to The Farm.
King Cole is the titular character in the nursery rhyme Old King Cole. The poem is as follows:
- "Old King Cole was a merry old soul
- And a merry old soul was he;
- He called for his bowl and he called for his pipe;
- And he called for his fiddlers three.
- Every fiddler, he had a fiddle
- And a very fine fiddle had he;
- Oh, there's none so rare, as can compare
- With King Cole and his fiddlers three."
- While King Cole does not appear in The Wolf Among Us, he's mentioned by Ichabod Crane of acting as mayor while in his absence. The reason why was never explained.